Friday, May 19, 2006

Work Work Work :)

Although, my "project is on the backburner for the moment being, as my supervisors are defining the scope of my project and are busy with other projects. I got two assignment this week! Two little perl scripts that analyzes files. It was the first time i've coded in Perl, and up until now, it's not so bad. I don't know if it is perl that is such an easy language to grasp or my experience as a programmer that makes me very adaptable.

I was listening to a Berkeley CS61B podcast in which the teacher basically said that if you know programming, syntax is just a small inconvenience when switching from one language to another. Because data structures are the same everywhere and loops, conditionals exists in any language. It's just the supporting API that are different, but people have the same need thus finding the right name is the "hardest" part of it.

I am happy that i've started working with my collegue, I hope next week brings a new exciting challenge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home