Short Week, More Work!
Last week was a four-day week because Monday was Victoria Day. The weekend was awesome and I felt lazy all week because of it. It isn't to say that I didn't do any work during the week, I filled-out a Sharepoint page and worked on 3-4 scripts either developing them or tweaking them. I'd say that I am very comfortable with Perl these days, and it feels good that I picked it up faster than my boss expected me to.
The first Peer Review of my code came out very positive, I had just not made my application super user-friendly. Sure my User-Interface teacher would frown hearing this, but considering that it was my first Perl script, sub-par UI is forgivable.
I have been doing license monitoring script lately for two application, my co-worker is keeping me in this domain for more than I expected, he wants me to write license monitor scripts for all the software that the company uses. Not that I am complaining, but I have my summer project right around the corner, so hopefully I can finish all the license monitoring scripts quickly. I realize that this is a important assignment, the company can save thousands of dollars because of my scripts, but it isn't very intellectually stimulating anymore. My good coding practice really made the second monitoring script a breeze to complete considering that I was feeling pretty lazy all week. I am glad that things I learned in school was very useful!
Next week, my direct supervisor will be in everyday. Now I hope to get my main project into the requirements phase next week or at least set a meeting time with the power users.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home